Submission Guidelines for ‘Notables’ and ‘CUA In the Media'
The Inside CUA sections “CUA In the Media” and “Notables” are regular reports of occasions when The Catholic University of America and its faculty, staff and students have:
a) been interviewed by or mentioned in the news media (“In the Media”);
b) been recognized with an award or election to a leadership position or editorship; obtained a grant; recently published a book or scholarly article; or gone on the road to deliver a lecture, give a performance, or conduct research (“Notables”).
All submissions should be received by the 15th of the month to be included in the following month’s issue of Inside CUA. Review the guidelines below and submit news by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or send via campus mail to the CUA Office of Public Affairs, McMahon Hall, Attn. Katie Lee.
To be included in the report, submissions must be received by the Office of Public Affairs within three months from the date a publication/recognition/conference occurred. Please use the following guidelines:
- For AWARDS AND HONORS, please tell us full name of the award or honor and the name of the organization presenting it, in addition to the date of award and a brief, 1-2 line description of the recognition.
- For PUBLICATIONS, please give publication date, full name of book or article, full name of publication or publisher, names of any co-authors, and a brief, 1-2 line description of the work. If research is highly technical, please try to describe in terms a general audience (outside your field) can understand.
- For ON THE ROAD, please provide dates of lectures or performances given or conferences attended, full names of lectures, performances, or conferences and their organizers/hosts, full titles of talks faculty/students may have presented at conferences and a brief 1-2 line description of lecture or conference.
- For all awards, honors, publications and presentations that were awarded, written or delivered in a foreign language, please provide an English-language translation.
“CUA In the Media” Submissions
To be included in the report, submissions must be received by the Office of Public Affairs within three months from the date an interview was conducted or the story mentioning CUA appeared in the news. To report news interviews or other media references to CUA, its programs, events, faculty or staff, please provide:
- the date CUA faculty/staff were interviewed and/or the date of publication or broadcast of a story mentioning CUA and its faculty/staff, programs or events;
- the topic of the story or interview;
- the publication or news outlet that conducted the interview or printed/broadcast the story;
- a mention if the story included a photo of CUA faculty, staff, students or facilities.
- a brief description of the article content if it is printed in a language other than English.